Chugiak Area Business Association is offering scholarships up to $1000.00 in memory of Douglas Dowden. Douglas Dowden served the Chugiak-Eagle River area community service including offices held with the Chugiak Area Business Association. Mr. Dowden was also an instructor of business courses for the University of Alaska.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
A. Resident of Chugiak and a graduate of Chugiak High School, Eagle River High School, or of any accredited area school or home school program in the Chugiak – Eagle River area, and enrolling or attending an Alaska university, college, Alaska Career Center, or Alaska Career College.
B. All majors may apply with business majors getting preference.
C. Applications must be submitted by April 15 to be awarded May 10 of the current year.*
D. United States Citizen.
E. There is no set grade point average needed to qualify for this scholarship.
F. Renewable: It is possible for a scholarship recipient to renew by reapplying.
G. Late applications will be considered.
Send the following information to attention Nancy Stahly either by email, fax, or mail as follows: fax to 688- 3263 or 688-6512, or mail to CABA, P.O. Box 670313, Chugiak, AK 99567. For further information if needed call Nancy at 301-4113.
1. Name: __________________________________________________________
2. Address: ________________________________________________________
3. Phone No: _____________________
4. Two letters from any of the following: Teachers, counselors, employers, youth leaders, clergy indicating:
1. Length of activity:
2. Relationship to applicant:
3. General or specific abilities candidate possesses, etc.
5. Essay of not more than two pages:
A. Stating why you are applying:
B. Field of study:
C. Your Goals- educational and personal
D. Career Plans:
*Applicants will be notified and presented with a check at the June Chugiak Area Business Association Meeting or at the Chugiak High School Awards Assembly.